Would you like a quick, easy way to find out when your books on hold are ready to pick up? How about a reminder that your items are due? You can get all that through email Notices.
How do I sign up?
To sign up for email notices, you will need to log in to "My Account" .
If you ever need to change or delete your email address from our system, you simply need to use the My Account section to change or delete the information.
What are Email Notices?
Email notices are an optional way for you to be notified that items you have requested to be held for you have arrived at the pickup location. We also use email to send overdue and billing notices. Additionally, the library is able to send "reminder" notices. These reminders are sent three days before your item is due, the day the item is due, and five days after the due date.
There are a few advantages to you and the Library when using this service:
- Notices get to you faster. It takes one or two more days for a paper mailer to reach your mailbox than it does an email message to reach your email account.
- The reminder notices. Due to the cost of sending out paper mailers, we are unable to send out the "3 days before due", "day due" and "5 days overdue" paper reminder notices. The email reminders will allow you the chance to renew your materials or to return them, so you can avoid fines.
- Reduction of costs to the Library. Each email notice sent reduces the cost for us to send out the daily mail notices. In turn, this will allow us to use your tax dollars more efficiently.
- Environmentally friendly. Each email notice sent reduces the number of paper mailers we must use. This can eventually reduce the number of trees used to produce paper mailers. Save a tree -- register for email notification!
- Parental oversight. Many parents set up their children's accounts so that the children's notices are sent to the parents' email address.
Please be aware that this service replaces paper mailers. At this time we are not able to send both paper and email notices. Also, if you are unable to check your email regularly, this service may not be right for you.
Will I receive other mailings from the Library or from other Agencies if I use this service?
All patron information to be private and confidential. We do not release or sell any patron information, including names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses.
If you sign up for email notices, we will use your email address only for Atlantic City Free Public Library business.
How do I cancel email services?
You can remove your email address from our system and return to paper notices very easily. All you need to do is log in to the My Account section of our web site and go to the "Modify Personal Info" section. Simply delete your email address and "Submit" the change. The Library will begin to send paper notices to your mailing address.
What if my email address becomes unreachable?
Our system is designed to watch for "bounced" or "returned" email messages. When an email message is returned to us, we determine if the message is a "critical" message (i.e. a hold notice or overdue notice). In these cases, we generate a backup paper mailer and send it to you.
If there are too many email messages returned from your account, our system will automatically switch your account settings so that you will receive only paper notices.